As an AI language model, I cannot provide real-time data or specific information on the current year’s investments in the gambling industry. However, I can inform you about some notable investments and acquisitions that have taken place in the industry in recent years:
1. Eldorado Resorts acquisition of Caesars Entertainment (2019): The $17.3 billion deal created the largest casino company in the United States.
2. Flutter Entertainment acquisition of The Stars Group (2019): This $12 billion merger resulted in the creation of the world’s largest online gambling company.
3. MGM Resorts International acquisition of Empire City Casino (2019): The $850 million purchase of Empire City Casino significantly expanded MGM’s presence in the New York gaming market.
4. GVC Holdings and MGM Resorts International joint venture (2018): The two companies formed a $200 million partnership to establish an online sports betting platform in the United States.
5. William Hill and Eldorado Resorts partnership (2018): William Hill invested $50 million in Eldorado Resorts, enabling them to have exclusive access to operate sportsbooks in Eldorado’s properties across the US.
6. IGT acquisition of Big Fish Games (2017): International Game Technology (IGT) purchased Big Fish Games, a leading developer and publisher of mobile games, for $990 million.
7. The Stars Group acquisition of Sky Betting & Gaming (2018): This $4.7 billion deal allowed The Stars Group to expand its presence in the UK sports betting market.
8. Penn National Gaming acquisition of Pinnacle Entertainment (2018): The $2.8 billion acquisition of Pinnacle Entertainment expanded Penn National Gaming’s reach, creating the largest regional gaming operator in the United States.
9. Kindred Group acquisition of 32Red (2017): Kindred Group acquired 32Red, a UK-based online casino operator, for £175.6 million.
10. Evolution Gaming acquisition of Ezugi (2018): Evolution Gaming acquired Ezugi, a live dealer gaming provider, for $18 million, strengthening its position in the live casino market.
Please note that these examples are not from the current year, but rather highlight some significant investments and acquisitions in the gambling industry in recent years.